Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Disappointment


Lately, I've been learning that there are a lot of secrets floating around me. Secrets from people I trusted, people I care about, people I thought could confide in me. It's all around me. Of course, I have my secrets, too. Secrets no one knows about, but me. Something's brewing, that's for sure. It becomes a game of trust. Who can I trust at work? Who's not trying to use politics to leverage their own careers and care nothing about who lies in their path?


It's funny how some people appear when they think no one knows their secrets or thinks no one is looking. That's when true personalities shine through. That's when their real disappointment with life seeps through their pores and decorates their face.

Disappointment helps us appreciate the good things in life that we are given. So I guess I'll just take my disappointment from today and shelve it for later, when I need some true perspective.

No comments: