Monday, May 19, 2008

Viognier


May was the month of Viognier for my wine club. This delightful beverage is not something I've enjoyed in the past, but let me tell you, it was a lovely discovery. The crowning jewel of the evening was the $60 bottle of the Lys de Volan Condrieu. It was like liquid gold on my tongue. Peaceful, calming and oh so enchanting.

For those not familiar with this great grape, next time you are enjoying spicy cuisine (particularly if it's Asian cuisine) order a glass -- you won't regret it. It's phenomenal!
Now, because I was hosting this month, I actually enjoyed my glasses of wine (meaning, I drank them versus, tasting and spitting out.) And while I didn't even feel the slightest buzz that night, when I finally went to the bathroom, I swear ... I was peeing Viognier! And the next morning, my stomach sat heavily, oh well. It was worth it to discover a beautiful new wine that I can enjoy.

No comments: