Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Transitioning Into a New Year

I hope that all had a merry holiday season, be it Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Festivus or whatever you may choose to celebrate. 2008 was a year of many ups and downs for the nation, and for the most part a consistent year for my family. I look forward to the next year with hope, anticipation and a little apprehension.

Will the corporate giants that are still looming meet their ultimate slayer? Will they crumble to the ground? Will our new president live up to all the expectations that have been thrust upon him? Will the economy rebound and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of the housing market? Will I be a more dedicated blogger and post more regularly?

Perhaps all those things will happen ... I haven't decided what my New Year's Resolution will be yet. I'd like it to be something I know I can stick to. Would getting a daily dose of the Wii count? (Hey, my Wii Fit age this morning was 23 -- that's pretty darn good considering the hard reality that I am actually 30.) Maybe I'll actually spend money to download songs on my iPod (yes, faithful readers, I've only downloaded free fare on my iPod or used GiftCards ... and I still haven't taken the time to transfer over some of my favorite CDs to the digital format yet ... I'm a late adopter ... don't blame me.) Maybe I can commit to clean eating ... I try a little of it whenever I can ... but I haven't committed to Tosca Rena's eating plan yet ... but I do have to return a couple of duplicate books at Borders, so I'm sure I'll have enough moola that I could make the purchase -- but would it just get dusty on my bookshelf?

What's your resolution? Will you commit to it for more than four months?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will commit to a daily dose of the Wii for four months, if you do? I'm loving the Wii. I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. Take care! Brie