Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dragon in the Backyard

Life is a bit crazy right now. With the wedding of the century (my sister's) just under a week away and all holiday festivities already starting, I must say, time is getting away from me. So, it's taken me two weeks to share this story about my dorky husband.

Two weeks ago, one evening after D put O to bed, he came running down the stairs. "You will not believe what I just saw!!" He looked at K and I with big eyes. "There was this huge lizard in our back yard and it crawled into the big hole behind our garage." Then, he indicated with his hand gestures that this lizard was apparently five feet long and two feet wide.

My reaction, of course, was "What hole?" 

"You know, the hole in the ground behind the garage." I was not aware that such a hole existed. "It was huge, like a Komodo Dragon." I shook my head. Since it was already dark out, I had no intention of investigating said creature or verifying the existence of the hole.

Later that week, when I actually got home early enough for the sun to still be out, I went to go find the hole.  I saw nothing. I searched and searched. (Okay, granted I kept a little distance since I didn't want some rare monster attacking me from the depths of the earth.) D never saw it again. Then, last weekend we got a huge dumping of snow, so figure that the monster is now hidden in the earth for the winter or it was just a figment of D's imagination. (You can probably guess which one I think is the most likely story.)

No comments: