Friday, October 21, 2011

For the Love of Pumpkin


Those who know me well know that I love pumpkin ... absolutely everything pumpkin (pumpkin shakes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins ... the list goes on.) My love for pumpkin is not shared to the same degree by my husband or first-born son. They humor me and eat pumpkin pie once in a while, or surprise me with a pumpkin treat, acknowledging that they do know me well.

However, I finally have a pumpkin-loving fool soul mate in my house. O. When I answer to my weakness and order the pumpkin loaf at Starbucks ... he devours more than half (and let's be honest, it is probably much better that way, too.) I decided to try the pumpkin milk at the grocery store. Good thing I did not look at the ingredient list for ... hello, sugar! ... and when I poured the last of it today (vowing not to buy anymore even though it was absolutely delicious) the little bugger made sure he was able to enjoy half the glass with me.

Now, he's running around with an orange milk moustache, and all I can do is grin. Thank you for giving me at least one family member who enjoys the delicousness of fall to the same degree I do. Now, where is that pumpkin pie candy corn I just bought ...

No comments: