Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Taking a Big Sigh

Today was one of those days. A day where you just have to let things roll off your back and know that it will be all right. My day started off with a call at 7:15 a.m. with a co-working looking to gather the courage to tell their boss that they needed some support. That being overworked was having a negative impact on all elements of her life.

It progressed to me having to provide feedback to a partner and then, doing the right thing, ask for feedback in return. There were other work elements that peppered throughout the day and left me in a cloud of gray dust, but I knew I had to persevere because it was swimming lessons day and I'd be leaving at 4.

Of course, K just wasn't his usually swimming self tonight, he sort of did the back float, but near the end, just wanted to be held by mommy. Then, when we got home, he devoured his dinner, but still wanted to cuddle, going back and forth between mommy and daddy.

Now, it's quiet, I did a few additional work tasks and I'm coming down from a day of intensity, but also a day where I feel like a got little accomplished. One day, I'll free up enough time to just write, write, write. And then, if I move to Europe and write from there ... well ... I might just be eligible for a Nobel prize. Just maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Free up the time now, brandy. Do whatever it takes. Outwit the slave-masters and get to Europe.

I'll see you on the other side!

-GTD