Sunday, April 05, 2009

Farewell 30

Today is my last humble day at 30. I've never been one to make a big deal out of birthday's. They tend to be pretty uneventful for me. I usually fly under the radar and don't make a big deal about it.

And, let's be honest, turning 31 is not really a big deal in and of itself. But ... it does feel significantly older than turning 30. I'm not "over 30". Blech. While, I still feel tremendously young and more like that of a 25-year-old, I have to wonder if this is the final bridge into that crazy thing called adulthood. As in, I can no longer excuse my inexperience, lack of confidence and sweet naivete to being young.

Perhaps it doesn't help that many consider me to harbor an old soul, so even when I was really just 25, people thought I was probably 30. Oh, well. Tomorrow I will wake up, go to work and plug along in the corporate mecca like I do every day. Nothing new. But perhaps, I can challenge myself to maybe, just maybe, at least get the first paragraph written of the book that keep telling myself I need to write. That will be my goal ... to get that done (at least) before I turn 40.

1 comment:

KK said...

Happy birthday!! 31 isn't so bad.