Sunday, August 09, 2009

Four Months Down

Hit the four month mark officially yesterday ... and I don't know why, but right now this pregnancy feels like it is taking forever. It seemed to just sweep by with K. I know of course that as soon as I hit the 20-week mark, I'll enter panic mode and wonder where the time went by. I think part of it is that I sometimes look pregnant ... and I sometimes just look really, really fat. (one two many bites at lunch, huh?)

The bambino in the oven isn't the only project going on in our household, either. We are desperately trying to get a deck up before our permit expires (early September) and we are not moving very quickly. And then, this weekend it had to go and rain and storm yesterday, so we didn't really want to dig the holes for the footings. (Didn't think it was the brightest idea.) But I just so desperately want to get it done! It will be the first piece of us plotting out the rest of the landscaping for our backyard -- which so desperately needs it. We'll admit it, our yard is not the best. When it comes to green thumbs, I have two black ones.

Anyone have any tips on building a deck? (other than hiring someone else :))

No comments: