Monday, November 16, 2009

Nesting?

With less than ten weeks to go before our family grows a little bigger, it's finally hit me that we have some serious things to get in order. The biggest item, putting in a new closet organization system for our three-year-old. One, because I want the dresser for the nursery and two, to give him a little more room in his bedroom.

So, it's really all about trusting my gut. I did the research and suggested we go with the simple expandable closet organizer things you can get at Home Depot or Lowe's. They're not cheap, but they are a lot more reasonable than, say, California Closets. He's just got a reach-in closet, so our options are some what limited to begin with. D instead insists we go with a more extravagant (read more expensive) system from Ikea (yes, Ikea's solution was more expensive than Lowe's). So, I agreed to give it a try. Alas, it doesn't fit in the closet. After much sweat (D's, not mine) and trying to get it to fit, it's worthless, you cannot use the drawers. The closet is too odd shaped to accommodate the cookie-cutter, non-adjustable closet solution. Fortunately, we have a few other closets, where I think it could work and I won't feel like we completely wasted our money.

So, now it's back to my solution idea. I'd really like to get the closet thing done before December. I'll keep you posted if we make it there.

1 comment:

Terri G said...

ahhhh...what an exciting time! I hope you get to use the long Thanksgiving weekend to get a jump on the closet-ing. :)

;)t