Monday, November 30, 2009

Where Did November Go?

Okay, I have to apologize for the delinquency in my blog posts for the month of November. It was a bit of a crazy month in all and I can't believe it escaped so quickly past my finger tips.

With less than eight weeks until our family grows by one, I think reality has truly finally hit us that we have a lot to do. Of course, the room is already set up, but I need to go through all of K's packed away clothes to see what baby may be able to re-purpose. Good thing that babies don't care much about their clothing that we can get away with reusing most stuff. (However, I am learning three-year-olds have very strong opinions on their clothing.) Closets are organized (woohoo!!) and we've started our gift-purchasing for the Christmas exchanges.

It's different this year, with D being at home, he's a lot more involved in the little intricacies around the holidays. For example, the advent calendar. Now, typically, I take this on and fill it with delectable treats for the three of us. With my gestational diabetes, I was counting myself out on the treats this year (but let me tell you, I am relishing having pie for dessert every night - that was the best suggestion the dietitian gave me, yet!) So, I was just planning on filling it with treats for the two men in my life. But D decided he wanted to help ... and pick out some of the advent goodies. He went a little overboard, and now K will be surprised with a mixture of sweets or toys (small enough to fit in the advent calendar, but big enough not to be concerned that they will be lost in the carpet.) It was kind of fun to watch my husband take this on as a personal mission and I think he is going to savor each night when K opens a door to take out his surprise. I think that's the best part. We both know that K will provide so much excitement when he sees what is in each door.

That's the great thing about kids, they truly appreciate little things and make them out to be bigger than life.

No comments: