Sunday, October 31, 2010

Secret Smiles

Somewhere along the line, I truly became an old lady. If you define an old lady as someone who prefers talk radio over music radio. There's a local radio station called. My Talk 107.1 and I just love it. Every chance I can, I try to listen to it. And I realized something the other day as I was listening to it on my way home ... it makes me smile and sometimes I don't even notice it until I question why my cheeks are pulled up. I probably look like a crazy woman to anyone who looks at me. I don't care. There talk about hot topics, cheesy topics, good food, shopping and trends and sometimes just trashy gossip.

It's just what I need to start my day and end it after a hectic day at work. It's mindless and thought-provoking at the same time (well ... sometimes it's thought-provoking!).

And of course, I must shout out Happy Halloween! It's O's first Halloween and we'll do our usually gig and trek it down to the MN Zoo for their members-only event. We like that this is a somewhat limited event (less crowded than Zoo Boo) and is inside for the most part and not so scary for the kids. It's also fun because you get to do a ton of costume watching -- more than if you were just trick-or-treating in your neighborhood.

K woke up so excited for today, so we'll watch a bunch of cheesy, non-scary Halloween movies (Thank you Disney channel and ABC Family) and then get ready to go for the evening. Yes, the holiday season officially kicks off with Halloween and I am so pumped!!

No comments: