Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet Nostalgia

When I was a young middle schooler, I enjoyed the escapades of a pair of beautiful, California-blond twins. Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield were my friends. Yes, I totally related to Elizabeth, the brainy and conservative sister while I wished that I could sometimes do the crazy things Jessica would do. And while I wasn't as big of a fan, I occasionally enjoyed the adventures of The Babysitter's Club.

Today, I found out that the twins are back! There's a new book called Sweet Valley Confidential that brings us to where the twins are ten years later (okay personally, I wish it would have been 15 or 20 years later, because then that would make the twins closer to my age ... but we can't get everything we want.) I immediately had to add it to my queue for the library. And while I am conquering books on my 1001 list (which I'll update soon) I figure I deserve some of the carefree fun and light-hearted controversy the Wakefield girls can provide.

In my googling to find out more about the book ... I happened upon another bit of news ...that Diablo Cody penned the script for the future Sweet Valley movie! Okay, so apparently, this is quite old news, but it was definitely news to me. Of course, D totally doesn't understand why I suddenly got all giddy about this information and just rolled his eyes a bit when I expressed my joy ... but hey, this is coming from a dude who played D&D in high school. Enough said.

1 comment:

Erin J said...

Awesome post! =) Thanks for the update! I didn't know they were still out there. I used all my babysitting money to buy those books. wonder where they are now....