Friday, November 22, 2013

Namaste, Groceries and Wine

I have waxed ecstatic already about my love for Bikram Yoga. There is something about the sweat pouring off your body, the small shakes as you hold a pose for as long as you can, and then the moment of relief when you let go of all your worries. Fortunately, for the rest of the year, I can get my hot yoga fix at least twice a week, instead of just on Sundays.

I have decided to take the brilliant action of taking every Friday off for the rest of the year. Mainly, because I have a lot of vacation banked and so I don't get too freaked out as I stress about finding holiday gifts, etc. Granted, my workaholic self will probably have a hard time with this, but I will work my way through it.

Anyway, today's class was small (since it's my first Friday class, not sure if this is normal or not) but it meant the yogi was able to ensure we all were posing optimally, etc. It was brutal, hot and delightful. I pushed myself in plank. I will look forward to starting out my Fridays like this for the rest of 2013.

After class, I met D and O at Target to do our grocery shopping. Of course, it wasn't a normal trip. We were buying our essentials for Thanksgiving and the stuff I need for Wine Club tomorrow (I'm hosting). So, I knew the bill would be bigger. But thanks to a lovely mobile coupon, Cartwheel and our frugal ways ... the pain wasn't as much as I was anticipating.

After that trip, I had to head over to Whole Foods to get the remaining items. I got to do this trip solo ... ahhh. I love grocery shopping. And I was able to find the Snickerdoodle and Pumpkin Pie Larabars. I have only tried Snickerdoodle so far ... and it is everything I could want in a delicious treat. Yum, yum. I enjoyed the solo trip (but it was so busy.) So busy, that I decided not to amble at any other area shops. I wanted to head home.

I did have to make two quick stops. Korean grocer and wine shop. Of course, I had to pick up my Beaujolais Nouveau. It will be the ringer for tomorrow. So excited to try it.

I hope the rest of my Fridays are as appealing as today was. If so, I will be ending 2013 on a high note. (P.s. it helps that I have great family, friends and co-workers who can make it all happen.)

No comments: