Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Change in Direction

I'm going to take the blog into a slightly different direction - while you'll still find the occassional meanders about life's lessons, insight into experiences, I also want to use this as a platform to give proper recognition to those enjoyable experiences in my life.

Let's start by giving notice to a couple of restaurants that I've had the pleasure of spending a little money on as of lately.

The first one is in a little city called Chicago - Frontera Grill. I satisfied my pallete there at the end of September - because the menu is ever-evolving I can't give you the specific name of my dish - but it was a fish dish with the most splendid mole sauce. Divine, divine, divine. It was perfection - just the right amount of spice. The service was excellent - I highly recommend it for anyone interested in Mexican cuisine that's a step or two above the rest.

The next restaurant I'd like to highlight is a local favorite I like to go to lunch to every once in a while. Vincent's a Restaurant. Now, this is not a restaurant to go to lunch to if you have a 1 o'clock meeting - this is where you go to lunch when you have an extra half hour and you can savor the delicacies brought forth. From the yummiest butternut squash soup to a delectable goat cheese and beet salad - Vincent's treats me right every time.

The last recognition I'd like to give is for a delightful dessert that I had the pleasure of enjoying a couple weekend's okay. That would be the warm, gooey pear bread pudding at the Palomino. Just thinking about it makes me all cozy inside.

Okay -- I'm hungry!

No comments: