Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Holiday Plan


The next two months are going to go flying by -- so the only way to get through the holiday madness with a smile is with a secure plan. This plan must take into account a few major considerations: a) our families are notoriously late in providing Christmas gifts; b) I am having a small soiree at my house on Dec. 8; c) I may be involved in a surprise party for someone else; d) I already feel like my weekends are booked.
So. Here. I. Go.
1. Finish painting the lower-level "public/guest" bathroom. (I am about 1/3 of the way done on this task.)
2. Find cute new light fixture, mirror and accessory fixtures for aforementioned bathroom.
3. Prime formal living room.
4. Paint formal living room.
5. Find delicious, peanut-free cookie recipe.
6. Plan menu for fabulous soiree.
7. Decorate house with festive cheer and holiday aromas.
The above tasks must be done before Dec. 8.
8. Find the most perfect gift for over a dozen family members.
9. Wrap said gifts beautifully, almost too beautifully to unwrap.
10. Start running (again).
11. Continue moving toward my ultimate weight-loss goal.
12. Keep calm under pressure.
13. Always remain smiling.
There's my plan so far -- I assure you it will have many, many alterations, but it feels good to jot it down.

No comments: