Thursday, November 01, 2007

Exhaustion

My new role at work is tiring me out unlike anything before. Every night I'm falling asleep on the couch. Of course, paranoia me then begins to think the worse - did I get diabetes? hyperthyroidism? cancer? some bizarre disease no one has ever heard of? then super paranoia me begins to overanalyze every pain I encounter. Is that my lower back - why is it hurting? where did that sharp pain in my side come from.

I now understand the phrase working for the weekends. but alas, the holiday season has officially kicked off -- so I must get out of this exhaustion cloud and kick it into gear. I have much painting to do before my house is ready for the holidays... much painting and decorating to do indeed!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

As I've gotten older it seems holiday fun is lost once you get to a certain age.

I'm already beyond dreading the holiday season at work, mainly because I still have to work in the retail area half the time.

It also seems that a lot of what I used to enjoy are lost traditions. Like Christmas lights, hardly anyone does this anymore, and I have fond memories of driving around town and looking at the lights when I was younger.

acecand said...

ah the fond memories...if i remember correctly, i was always the one out with father putting up the lights