Thursday, June 05, 2008

Raindrops and Reflection

When I was young, I used to imagine that I would discover that I later had superpowers. (Who didn't?) And I always thought that it would be that I can control the weather. (Okay, this was way before I knew about Storm and X-Men.)

What I do notice now, in my years of wisdom, is that the weather does have a profound affect on my attitude and that at times of my most dreary, if I look out the window -- it clearly reflects my mood. Perhaps we are all connected to mother Earth much more than we give credit for.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my priorities in life and how I might need an attitude adjustment. I've been working too much and letting work get to me -- not a good thing. It takes away from my ability to focus on the two most important men in my life. The problem is, I work with a handful of people who take work far too seriously, so I think I'm letting it affect me. I mean, I do not work in an industry that makes a dramatic impact on the world (regardless of whatever marketing ploy they have conjured up to make you think otherwise.)

I think I may start dabbling back into writing, anything that can give me a meaningful purpose with the hope of reasonable financial gain so that I can redirect my priorities appropriately.

No comments: