Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

It's already Tuesday, so I might need to be asking myself where is time flying as of late? I cannot believe it's almost July. Because summer has only officially arrived the last few days, perhaps it will linger a bit longer this autumn -- then of course, I love the cool crisp falls, so I would not want anything to shorten that time of year from a seasonal standpoint.

This weekend I had my Wine Club again (yes, see time does fly!). It was the world of Rieslings... I must say I was not converted into the love of this wine that many of my friends seemed to have. It does pair nicely with seafood -- and strange or not -- coconut. But alas, it was just not the thing to tickle my fancy. I have a few I'll recommend in a follow-up post.

D is now trying to enjoy wine with me. I purchased an Eiswein for him the other day... well... I needed to educate him about dessert wines and moderation ... because he liked it so much he poured himself a very full second glass!! Tonight we are enjoying the Rose Sofia (named after the director Sofia Coppola). Because I enjoy red wines, this was what I would consider a bridge for Daniel to try to get him over to the darker side of wines. He has mixed reactions to this one, but we'll see if it grows on him.
I am trying to decide why I've taken to enjoying wine -- I don't have it that frequently, except around my wine club because I get back into the groove. So It's typically 3 weeks off, one week on. Of course my darling sister Candalay would say it's the inner snob in me that likes it... more on that later.


No comments: