Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Splashin' Mama's Head

So, tonight was K's swimming lesson night. I have the most precious son. I just glow when I look at him. I know Daniel feels the same. Tonight he was much more into the lessons and really enjoyed showing off his skills to daddy. As soon as he saw that daddy was watching, he'd do extra splashes and should "look at me daddy, look at me!" He particularly liked the "dives" into the water. I can't wait to see how much he loves it by August.

He's such a considerate boy. I have two stories I must share.

Zoo
We went to the Minnesota Zoo this past weekend and K just absolutely loved the animals. The first animals we saw were the monkeys (now this is where I mention that at 10 a.m., my husband had the need to purchase a large soda (w/ no lid and too large for our cup holder) and a pretzel.) When K saw the monkeys he started to make monkey noises and point out all the different monkeys to me. He just couldn't get enough.

Afterwards we went to the tropical paths and the Minnesota trails. K loved these, except when we were in the dark tunnel -- he ran through that like he had to get to the light at the other end. Of course navigating the stroller, the aforementioned large soda, my camera and trying to chase the energetic 2-year-old was not a graceful sight (and now makes me ask what was Daniel doing at this time?)

He took a particular affinity to the goats. So, Daniel and I got some of the special food so that he could feed them. He's so diplomatic (seriously, if he doesn't run for president I will be so surprised) that he wanted to make sure he fed each goat once. If a goat came up to him that he'd already fed, he would look at them and say no and try to give the food to another goat. It was just so fascinating that he was trying to be fair. He loved how they would nibble out of his hand and he'd get their teeth scraping his fingers. He tried to hug a couple of them. The animals were amazing because, of course, none of this fazed them.


We ended the day with a trip to the aquatic area and he loved the shark tank and the dolphins. I have to say by the end of the day, I felt the zoo was becoming overrun with rude people (I mean adults who had no consideration for children really annoy me.) It was just one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a long time. Me and my boys and the zoo.

Putting to bed
Tonight when I got done reading K his bedtime story, I was walking out of his room and stubbed my toe. Of course I yelped in pain. K shot up immediately and said "are you okay, mommy? are you okay?" And then went on to scold the door and tell it it was naughty. I let him know I was okay and then had to re-recite his going to bed poem that I tell him every night. But again, just one of those moments that makes me glow, I feel so special to be his mommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he sounds like the sweetest boy! Good job mom!