Sunday, July 06, 2008

Relishing Life

Life is an interesting testament of time. Relishing in the simple pleasures like a bear hug from a two-year-old or your husband looking at you in the morning and saying "I love you." Watching your son following his grandpa around like a little shadow. Laughing with your sister over something really, really stupid, but knowing it's okay that you're laughing about it.

It makes me wonder if we all take enough time to relish life. Or are we too focused on the go. go. go. Making sure you're working for the man, so that you can get paid enough to try to have a little spare time to relish life.

Ah, my Fourth of July weekend was a perfect life relishing time. We drove 3.5 hours north to go to a camping/lodge resort where my parents have a camper/trailer:


While getting sunburn was not on my agenda (and unfortunately happened the first day). I did get to enjoy watching K catch a fish, go on a boat ride, watch fireworks, see a few good movies late into the evening and just enjoy myself. Spending time with one's family may not always seem like the first thing you want to do. But I think it's nice to get re-grounded every once in a while to realize what's truly important.

No comments: