Thursday, July 31, 2008

When You Feel Like a Jerk

Okay, so I have to send out this public apology, because I did something so horrible today... and I don't know how to get an apology out to the person who deserves it.

Today was a horrible, horrible day. First, my car didn't start appropriately (or at all really) so I had to wake my darling husband from his slumber and ask him to be all manly and get the car to work. After examining the oil level in the car, and realizing we don't know when we last got the oil changed... we added some oil. Miracle, the car started -- but I was now running an hour late.

Work was crazy hectic ... I didn't even get time to eat lunch. Which meant my work spilled into the evening and I'm now just finishing. I've been pondering what my next career move will be from a development perspective, and let's just say that today presented me a lot to ponder. To quote a dear friend of mine, it was one of those "tears in my cube" days. Again, just not a good day. One of our co-workers is leaving to move to DC, so there was a farewell fiesta for her. I wanted to say goodbye, but also catch one of our other mutual friends. But, I had a meeting run long, so I got there and only had 5 minutes I could spare... and our other friend didn't show up (at least not for the 5 minutes I was there (ha ha)).

So, on this most sweltering day, I run to catch my bus ... only to get to the parking lot and the car won't start again!! Tragedy. I'm dripping giant balls of sweat, it's truly disgusting. So, while I'm on the phone with the mechanic setting up a pick-up of the car, this very kind soul comes over to ask me if I need a jump start. I abruptly shake my head at her and mouth "no." What an a__hole I am. I should have taken the phone away from my ear and told her that I was on the phone with the mechanic, but thank her for her kind offer. Oh, I feel like scum of the earth. Wretched. Here a kind, compassionate human being was reaching out to me and I pushed them aside.

Tonight I wallow in a cesspool of misery!

No comments: