Sunday, September 21, 2008

Exhaustion, Always

I had the hardest time waking up today. I just did not want to get out of bed. I can attribute it to the fact that my darling toddler woke up at 3 a.m. and then asked me to sleep on the floor of his room with him. And then proceeded to pet my face and talk to me the rest of the morning. Not once did he fall asleep!! Seriously, where do children get their energy?

He was a real champion this weekend, starting with his flu vaccine on Friday. We opted for the nasal mist, because research states it lasts longer and is more effective. And if anyone knows the history of my sweet son, his first winter was not a good one and he was terribly sick. So, we are always looking for the best options to keep him in health's way. Well... the nasal thing was quick and painless, but one of the side effects is a runny nose -- and boy did he have one for the next two days. It was constantly wiping. It's much better today, but you could always tell when he was getting ready for a blow, because his voice would get all nasal-y.

So, alas, I'm exhausted from a weekend of high-energy toddler, nose-wiping constantly, and of course when I peeked at my calendar for the week ahead ... well, I sort of just want to crawl into my bed. How did my calendar get so out of control? Alas, I'll be able to handle it. That's why I'm a wonder woman/working mother!

No comments: