Saturday, September 06, 2008

Silly Guilty Pleasures - Things That Make The World Seem Delightful

It's no secret that I love this time of year. Autumn makes me smile. The crisp air, the yummy smells, the rich tastes, all the activities. It brings a smile to my face to look at my sweaters and know that I'll be able to relish everything I love over the next three months.

It made me also think to all the other things that make the world seem alright in a time of uncertainty. Here's just a few of those silly, guilty little pleasures:

Rick Astley


Now, is it just me, or does he look so much younger than I remember. I mean, the man looks twelve. It just proves that I'm aging. But look at the innocence in the dance moves. The frivolty that it presences. Oh, the eighties were a time of pure sweetness. If you want to see what he's up to check this out: http://www.rickastley.co.uk/


Starbuck's Pumpkin Loaf. This year they upped the ante and it is now topped with delicious pumpkin seeds. However, I just discovered there are over 400 calories in one slice ... so I may have enjoyed my last piece -- ever.


http://pumpkinpassion.com/ Yes, I love pumpkin everything. It's one of the things that makes this time of year so divine. If I had perhaps giving my blog a simple direction, instead of the random musings that it has ... perhaps I could have taken it this way. This blogger may be my new hero.

Playing outside with my toddler. Really, playing inside, too. His smile melts any ice that may have settled on my heart over the course of my first thirty years.

Staying in bed all day. I don't get to do this one too often. But there are a few days when I have had emotional lows ... and had to call in sick because I couldn't drag myself out of bed ... those days I stayed in bed all day.

Cheesy movies. Sorry, I love those horrible teen/tween girl flicks. There's something about watching a movie that you know is probably attacking a few brain cells that makes it okay.

No comments: