Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Response on Accessbility

Well ... I received my response in regards to my concerns about accessibility at The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes. I feel that it's only fair that I paste it here in it's entirety:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding accessibility at the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes. Our stores are in compliance with ADA requirements based on the store’s entry width. As such, powered doors are not a requirement. Thank you for your question, contact me if I can be of further service and thank you for shopping at The Shoppes of Arbor Lakes. Happy Thanksgiving!

Michael Grenander, RPA
General Manager
Shoppes at Arbor Lakes
Direct: (763) 488-9930
Office: (763) 424-0504
Fax: (763) 424-9456
email: michaelgrenander@cousinsproperties.com

Poor Mr. Grenander -- do you offer any additional services to accommodate consumers who cannot open the heavy -- but apparently not wide enough -- doors? This is a very sad state to me that no additional services are provided. I would say that I'm sad I won't be shopping at the Shoppes very frequently any more, but fortunately, all the stores I'd want to support are also located at 50th and France in Edina or Roseville. So, I will be taking my business to those locales more frequently.

No comments: