Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Ode to Martha



I love Martha Stewart. I'm not afraid to admit this. I DVR her show ... yes, yes I do. I would aspire to be the next Martha - except for I don't believe in lying to myself about my talents. When it comes to domesticity ... well, frankly, I'm a bit limited. However, one thing I can pride myself on is my beautiful peony bush.

Anyone who is a fan of Martha's (and okay, maybe you're not) is well aware of the fact that she loves a good peony. She has a garden full of peonies in every shade of big imaginable. If I had the acreage in Connecticut that she did, I would do the same thing.

Instead, I currently have two bushes. One is a year away from blooming still, since I got it as a cutting, but the other has blessed me with amazing blooms for the past two years. I love this bush, even thought it's blossoms are here for only a short time. It's beauty may be fleeting, but I usually get to enjoy it inside and outside. I was too delayed in cutting them when the rain came and destroyed this year's blooms, so I only got one cuttings worthy of beauty to bring inside ... and I thought I would share them with you.

No comments: