Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crazy Lady on the Bus

I love a book that makes me laugh out loud. Jen Lancaster makes me laugh out loud. Much like she thinks Candace Bushnell is her soul sister, I tend to think of Jen as what my big sister would be like ... if I weren't the big sister in my family. Her struggles with weight, the fact that she was also a Boilermaker (Go Purdue!), her opinion of reality TV. The difference ... she actually wrote down all her humorous life trips and has gotten five books published. Yeah, I'm a little envious, but I know I only have myself to blame ... because until I focus and determine what I want to write in a book ... it's not going to write itself!

There is something about sitting on the bus though and actually laughing out loud. It's like your secret is so good, and you see those side glances from the passengers around you and you just want to go "ha! What I'm reading is making me smile ... what about you?" I've lately been reading a lot of books that would go into the humor category ... and I have to say ... it's working. I feel a little lighter in my step, it's helping me put things in perspective (okay, the two books I recently read about happiness are also probably having a little influence, too.)

Ah, but here's my plug for Jen. She's definitely worth checking out!

No comments: