Saturday, December 18, 2010

Liquid Delight and Ramblings

Tonight was wine club ... don't worry, I'll blog about that in a few days. I forgot my camera and my good friend H happened to have hers on hand and diligently took photos of everything for me. (THANK YOU!) So, once I get those, I'll be sure to give a recap!

But as I get caught up on all the blogs I enjoy perusing, and as D cleans out some of the shows he has on the DVR queue, I get to sip a light glass of Pinotage and just get ready to embrace a week off of work, spent enjoying my family and prepping for the holidays. Of course, I'm not looking forward to my first appointment for a crown on Monday, but that's the only true downer for the week ahead.

O turns one on Monday. I can't believe how much this past year has really shaped our lives. The triumphs and the turbulence we've faced. But it all brings me back to my little glass of liquid delight. I only have wine about once a month at wine club, and then maybe a few glasses here and there. When it's good, it's really good. And this glass is good.

I am looking forward to what I hope is a pleasant holiday season with lots of good family fun. D's sister and her family will be here for Christmas, and I'm so excited about that. It means K will get to play with his cousins and really have an enjoyable holiday season. Of course, he's at the age where it's really about the presents and D and I are trying to teach him that it's so not about the presents ... but I know that it will take some time for him to understand.

Today we also got the notification about K starting kindergarten next year. I cannot believe my baby will be starting kindergarten. He's going to have other major influencers in his life now ... and peer pressure ... and who else knows what. I just hope that he'll always fee comfortable talking to us and being open and close to us. I think most parents wish that. We try to model open communication now as a family and always have dinner together and established some key traditions. Hope we can continue it now that our first son will be venturing into the real world without us there with him every step.

Whoa ... too deep ... back to the liquid delight.

No comments: