Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What a Wonderful Time of Year

You'd think with practically two weeks off, I'd have had a lot of time to blog ... alas, I have been so busy with O's first birthday, D's 40th birthday, Christmas, talking to recruiters and having fun with the in-laws (my hubby's sister and her family) that I haven't really had a moment to spare when it comes to blogging.

It's been a great holiday season, just the right amount of chaos to make it okay. Today we returned a few duplicate gifts we received and got some new things. I think in only one place, did we not actually spend more than the return. And at that place, I only had two dollars left on the gift card, so I offered it to a woman as we were leaving the store. She looked so surprised. I was like, eh, it's two dollars and I don't shop at this store very often, Happy New Year!

It made me think about the next time I'm at a coffee place drive-thru how I really want to pick up the tab ... as long as it's not a big one ... just a little bit of a nice gesture. This is also the last week before I have to kick it into gear again for my workout regime. Seriously, the last month has been a month off and I am starting to feel flabby again ... must meet my workout master and get into shape!

I am reading two books off the 1001 list right now. I started one, but it was moving to slow, so I began the next one I had from the library ... much better, moves faster and I think it's one I can just read a couple chapters before bed each night and will get through it quickly.

Alright, enough for my quick rambles. I still have the South African Wine adventure to write about, and am just waiting for the pictures, but if they don't come soon. I'll just blog and then update with photos later!

No comments: