Friday, July 20, 2012

Oh, the Blimey Dentist

I can understand why dentists have the highest suicide rates ... no one likes them (I mean c'mon ... really.) My dentist is a nice guy ... but I am grateful that if I'm lucky I don't see him more than twice a year.

Unfortunately, I have horrible, horrible teeth. I think part of it was that I don't remember my parents being diligent about me having to brush my teeth (I on the other hand am like a Tiger mom when it comes to ensuring my children brush their teeth.) And I feel like I will be paying for these horrible teeth for the rest of my life.

Today was one of those days. I had to have a cavity removed/filled. And of course, I had to run a few errands afterwards. What I hate most is doing errands after having dental work. I am super, super self-conscious of my numbed face and the fact that when I have to speak with someone else, I know I look like I am having a stroke. I could tell that at one errand, the woman really did want to ask me if I was having a stroke.

And to make things even better, at my last stop at Target ... of course I run into someone I know. (It's very rare one can make a trip at Target without running into someone you recognize.) And of course, by this point, I had thrown my hair into a sloppy ponytail and was sweating a river down my shirt. I was a hot mess, both literally and figuratively. But I put on my smile and made small talk for two minutes.

And now ... six hours later the Novocaine is just starting to wear off (which is even worse ... the tingling sensation is just horrible.) Man ... I'm going to go floss right now.

No comments: