Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Vacation: Plan B

Tonight I should be packing for a mini-vacation "up north." Alas, I am not. When we returned from our "supply" trip to Target (y'know, when you pick up all the essentials like gluten-free cookies, fruit snacks, pellegrino, etc. for your road-trip) we received a phone call from my mom.

"We're okay." She started the conversation. (In my head, my response was "well, of course you are ..." but I let her continue. Apparently, there was a big, huge, lots of trees falling down storm at the camping resort that they have a camper at (and where we were planning on heading on Wednesday.) The storm was so bad my parents have to get a new truck and boat, because their current truck and boat were casualties of some pretty fierce trees.

She ended by saying she'd let us know how the situation looked on Tuesday and if we should still plan on coming up. The verdict? They still don't have power, and don't plan to for at least two more days. The damage is so severe that it still looks like a "war zone." So, what that means is I now have a five days of vacation time and no structure. Of course, D knows that we'd better participate in some "vacation-like" activities over the next five days since I using actual vacation time.

We'll go to his family's barbecue tomorrow, so that was a pretty easy fill-in activity. And now I'll be able to attend a shower for his cousin ... which of course means I now have to go and find a shower gift ... last minute ... how I love that, but oh well.

At least I get to spend some quality time with my boys ... and now maybe I'll go get a pedicure this weekend ...

No comments: