Friday, October 26, 2012

Things that Go Bump in the Night

O keeps waking up at 4:30 every morning and creeping into our room. At first, I kept wondering why I was always waking up at 4:30. Every day this week. It was really concerning me, a sign of old age (like the zillion gray hairs that I am noticing.) Maybe an indicator of some health issue?

Then I realized, it was because at 4:30 every morning, light would wake me up. You see, D is convinced the boys need the hall light on because they can't sleep without it. So, we keep our bedroom door closed so that I can sleep. At 4:30 as O creeps in, the light suddenly explodes on me and disruption takes over.

O wraps himself up in his blanket and sleeps on the floor by D. He stays all snug like a bug in a rug long past when I leave in the morning. It takes all my will power in the morning to not scoop him up and just hold him. But if I really look at it, I'd rather he stay in his bed so I can sleep until my alarm buzzes.

But for now, it looks like I will have to deal with a little O that goes bump in the night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is just absolutely adorable :)