Sunday, April 27, 2008

He's Leaking!!

Today we finally decided to check out the new Crate & Barrel store at the Galleria. Now, for anyone not familiar with this particular shopping center of the upper echelon in Edina -- let me just say, that it has the worst parking imaginable. Truly the worst. I enjoy going to the Galleria, because it has a lot of cute little stores that you cannot find anywhere else in the state - same can be said with the "main street" shoppes in the 50th and France area. Of course, there are some standard stores peppered throughout the quaint finds, but you can blur those out if you like.

So, we enjoyed meandering through the two-level C&B and checking out coffee tables and home accessories. It's on the pricier side (or at least pricier for those of us who are always looking for the best find.) So, after noting a few pieces we liked, we decided to spend a casual Sunday afternoon and see what else was around. So we started at the end and looked at PB, found a lamp we adored at Restoration Hardware and then stopped at William Sonoma. We actually needed something at WS, but K was starting to get testy. So I told him that we'd be grabbing lunch once we got our oil spray gadget. Because I didn't want to waste time, I asked someone where they were. And D was looking at cutting boards. We ended up rejoining at the oil sprayer section -- and then D wanted to show me his commercial cutting board that he'd really like (but at $90 was no way justifiable.)

Suddenly, my hand gets really warm. I realize K's diaper is leaking -- and I say to D (probably quite loud) "Ohmigod - he's leaking!" D looks at me then at K -- "yep, he is." So, I leave D and rush out to the car with K -- while he pays for our oil gadget.

Fortunately, we always carry spare pants for K. But of course, if you remember the parking situation, because about 5 cars saw me going toward my car -- I had to mouth to them all "I'm not leaving, sorry." I mean my ass was bent over to change his diaper -- did I look like I was leaving?

We're trying a store brand of diapers -- and I must say they have not won my favor... I think we'll be going back to Pampers the next time we need to buy another box!

No comments: