Sunday, April 06, 2008

Turning Thirty

Alas, today is the day that I enter a new decade. The sky is slightly gray with promise of rain. Is that indicative of what my thirties will be like? I hope not. I've always been looking forward to entering what I call true adulthood. The twenties seemed like a very long transitional phase - not really a young crazy college kid anymore, but not quite an adult.





Well, for anyone in suspense of my health ailment ... apparently, I'm also starting out my thirties with a new direction in clean and healthy eating. My digestive system is not getting thoroughly cleaned out enough, so I need to increase my fiber intake and just improve my overall healthy eating. It was sort of shocking that this was my diagnosis -- as I usually eat pretty high fiber meals, choosing whole grains over refined carbs, but I guess I just must take it with even greater zest now. So, as though it were fate -- I found a new magazine (I know, I'm taking a risk, because whenever I find a new magazine, it never seems to stay in publication for very long) called Clean Eating. (http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/).



Hopefully, by taking a more concerted approach to my food and exercise, I start feeling phenomenal (and looking phenomenal, too!) And what a great way to start the next decade of my life!


No comments: