Sunday, January 18, 2009

Big Boy Bed

The big boy bed was delivered today. Yes our almost three-year-old is moving from his toddler bed to a full size bed. (He officially has the most comfortable bed in the house now.) When they delivered it at 8 a.m. this morning, he was jumping around with excitement. This was even through the fact that he has been sick the past two days (the kind of sick that has physical proof and results in extra laundry.)

So, of course, we got everything ready for him to take his nap in his new bed ... and the first thing he does is throw up on all the new bedding. Fortunately, Sunday is laundry day anyone ... but seriously it resulted in an additional two loads. Meaning that while I'd normally be done with my laundry by now, I still have three more loads to go ... because I had to run the comforter and the pillow through the dryer twice. This is the only part of parenting that really wears on me -- when the kid is sick.

Yesterday, he definitely acted like a sick child. Just wanted to be held and cuddled. Today ... he wants to play soccer. So definitely healthy in actions. He just still can't hold anything down. Which meant we had to skip swimming lessons ... and have been relegated to staying at home. I did sneak out for a little bit to get pedialyte for him. But back to the big boy bed. It means even more work for me ... because now he wants to move into the other bedroom upstairs - but I have to paint the room. This means we aren't moving in any other furniture quite yet. So, I'll probably spend the week taping everything up so that I can paint next weekend ... and he'll have to understand that he won't be able to sleep in there next weekend. It's a lot of work when they grow up!

No comments: