Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rain, oh Rain! Where are you?

Okay, I have been waiting patiently for the last two weeks for it to rain. I really would like to give my sprinklers a break, please. In our neighborhood, everyone is obviously competing for golf course-esque lawns. And, frankly, we don't want to keep up with the Joneses on this one. I think we keep coming up with ideas for landscaping that will eventually take up as much of our lawn as humanly possible so that we don't have to mow. Oh, wait, did I saw "we" don't have to mow. If you've read previous blogs, you know that I am the sole lawn mowing person in this household. Yes, I chose to go eco and have a reel lawn mower - resulting in me having to promise to my husband he would not need to mow the lawn ... ever.

At least, today he did get all the edging done. That was a nice treat. I currently have just half the lawn done. I am doing it in bits today due to the dry, hot Minnesota heat. If only it would rain. Rain straight for like a month, I'd be so happy. I like mowing the grass when it is consistently green, and when it's up to us and our sprinklers, most of the lawn gets green ... but there are definitely some brown spots where we forgot to move the sprinkler before we called it quits for a day. Oh ... and due to my lack of watering, the fresh sod that was placed in our front yard due to some work Qwest did, turned all brown and pretty much upped and died. They went through the neighborhood and collected all the dead sod (fortunately, we weren't the only ones) but my question now is ... where in the world is new sod? I don't want major patches of dirt remaining in my lawn. They have until the end of this week. If new sod is not put in ... Qwest will be getting a not so pleasant call from this resident.

And see, if it had just rained (as it had been forecasted) the sod would probably have lived and I wouldn't need to be complaining about my lackluster lawn at the moment. Oh, well, I think it makes me realize moving to Arizona in a place where they don't even have grass wouldn't be such a bad thing.

No comments: