Monday, June 15, 2009

Aww, Thank You, Mama

K did phenomenally this past week in swimming. He truly passed expectations and put his whole face in the water. Of course, he immediately would look to D and I for our approval and we were the proud parents with our thumbs up and big smiles from ear to ear.

But my favorite was when I was getting him dressed after the lesson. I told him that he was a very good swimmer in class today. He looked at me, tilted his head to the side and said, "Aww, thank you, mama!" It was so unexpected, and so unbelievable adorable. In fact, lately, he has been the model of a polite young man at the old age of three. I don't know what's up, or if D and I just tried to instill in him manners so much that now they come natural to him. But I have to admit, I am very impressed by his un-triggered etiquette.

I often see young kids today, and worry that society is forcing them to grow up so fast. I hope that we are able to ensure that K stays a kid for as long as possible. But now, a very polite and sweet boy, for sure.

No comments: