Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Today is the day we honor the man who are responsible for us being put on this planet. Of course, Father's Day has even more meaning now because I'm married to one. But I have to say, I am very lucky because he was the one who got up at 8 a.m. this morning and mowed the lawn and told K to let me sleep in. It was almost like he chose to make the day be more about me.

Of course, we ended the day by me going to his favorite Korean restaurant and picking up the greatest food ever -- and then I made a side trip at the Korean grocer and picked up some Kimchi for him. So, he truly has a good understanding of my appreciation for him. (Seriously, anyone who knows me and how I feel about Kimchi, you know that I must love him for me to actually purchase that pungent stuff and allow it to be in my house.)

I called my dad and wished him a Happy Father's Day as well ... of course the thing that kills me with my parents is that I sort of feel like they always expect a gift from me. Because that was what he asked "what did you get me?" It sort of is annoying, and makes me wonder how they can be like that. But both my parents are this way ... and if they don't get a gift, they probably mumble that I'm ungrateful. It's truly annoying. I will never expect K to get me a gift -- I appreciate the little handcrafted treats they make at school. There's nothing more precious that I could love than those.

So, to all the father's out there - "Happy Father's Day!" May your gift be pure, sweet love from your child.

No comments: