Monday, June 15, 2009

Desire, Oh the Forbidden

It's true -- when you can't have something -- you want it even more. It's like that carrot dangling in front of you. Within viewing distance, but just enough out of reach that you keep chasing it like a fool, only to never be fully satisfied.

And of course, this would be when I could quote a familiar Rolling Stones song, but Mick, sometimes you really need what you want. And you still can't have it ... was there a verse about that? Alas, alas, alas. I guess we can always look toward the future and the possibility of being able to get what we really want, if we do our time, stay on the straight and narrow and just focus on the here and now. So, my friends, that is what I will try to do. Stay focused on the here and now and know that what I really want, one day, I will be able to have.

No comments: