Thursday, September 10, 2009

Autumn, oh Autumn

Leaves are changing, the air is getting a hint of crispness, and the harvest moon has been a bright shining jewel in the sky. I love this time of year. For a few brief months, I get to revel in perfect weather that calls for sweaters, drinking warm drinks that don't have to contain caffeine and all things that represent deliciousness.

I cannot wait for my October issue of Food & Wine. I hope it has an array of squash and pumpkin recipes that I can convince my husband to try to make. The only thing I miss right now is that I'm not able to open up a yummy, jammy zinfandel or smooth pinot and savor the simple pleasantries of life.

I can't wait because the stores should be clearing out the Back to School merchandise and gearing up for Halloween. Now, I'm not a huge Halloween person myself, but having a child who gets all frothy with excitement over the holiday makes it a little different. Of course, I know that this year he will want to pick out his own costume, so I'll probably end up with a superhero. It's this time right now that I appreciate living in Minnesota, and I'd only give it up for a relo to somewhere nice and foodie in Europe.

No comments: