Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Last Twins Game at the Dome


Earlier this week, D, K and I took my dad to the Twins game. It was a father's day/birthday present for my dad who's a huge baseball fan. And of course, K enjoys baseball. I discovered that evening was the first baseball game that both my husband and son had ever gone to. I was a bit surprised (being that D is 7 years older than me, it's always interesting what life experiences he surpasses me completely and what things I introduce him to. I also had the joy of taking him to his first concert.)

For those who don't know, the Twins are moving to an open field/outdoor ball park next season. So, this would be the last time we'd see the Twins playing at the Metrodome. They were playing the Cleveland Indians. The game had quite a bit of excitement, lasted forever, but happily the Twins took the win!

K learned a thing or two about baseball from his grandpa (how much he retains, we'll have to wait and see) and loved dancing around his seat and entertaining the others around us. It was great fun to watch my dad try to pass on his knowledge and get K to cheer for certain players. And of course, when my dad disappeared for a while, I wasn't surprised to see that he came back with a baseball cap for K. Now, K has to take this hat everywhere. It's a little to big for him now, but he'll be able to grow into it and then wear it for much longer. But he's had to wear it everywhere! I'm glad that the evening brought joy to all three guys and have a few pictures I'll have to upload later. Go Twins!

No comments: