Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Holiday Whirl

This holiday season has been a whirl in so many respects. Our baby boy was unable to spend it with us, but we're hoping he'll be home soon. K has continued on his unbelievable good behavior streak. Seriously, the kid deserves a Nobel for how remarkably well he's been this week. I don't know if most kids could have handled everything he has.

So, today is the day after. We spent the last two days with our families and trekked in the Christmas Blizzard of 2009 (as it apparently has been dubbed) to visit O in the hospital every day. We have to trek out today to go and find a new car seat. Apparently the one we used with K is too tall for his tiny stature. So, I spent the evening researching online the best seats for preemies and came up with two recommendations. (Of course, both are around $200). The hospital has two models available as well that are only $65, but they don't have bases. And if you've ever had to lug an infant seat in and out of a car ... the base is perhaps the greatest invention ever. Of course, the only place that carries the car seat we need to get is Babies R Us. (I want to say ... hey Target infant buyers ... do your research ... these car seats are considered the most popular for preemies on multiple Web sites - it's not just Graco out there.)

This morning I've spent taking down all the holiday decorations (and trying very hard to stay within my 5 lb weight-lifting restrictions). I figure, since O isn't home with us yet, I'd rather spend my time now taking all the stuff down so that when he is home, we can just focus on marveling our two boys. Usually, I wait until New Years day to take everything down, because I love having the house all decorated and festive. But alas, it feels good to take it all down and just get ready for relishing every moment of my leave once he gets home.

No comments: