Sunday, January 17, 2010

Four Weeks Down

Yes, the first four weeks of my maternity leave are already gone. It's amazing how fast it goes. How when the days blur and you don't even know what day of the week it is without stopping to pause, that time can just slip away so quickly.

We've now established something that resembles a regular routine. I'm back to being able to accomplish getting all my laundry done on Sundays -- even with the extra loads a newborn creates. The waking every three hours has finally become enough of a routine that it doesn't really rack the body too much anymore, you're just in a constant state of tired.

This week I'm also starting to go out a little and reconnect with the world that I quickly abandoned on December 20 with out warning. I had breakfast with three gal pas on Saturday. It was nice to go out, savor a savory omelet and just chat with women for a bit. Tomorrow I'll be passing along some of my pregnancy books to a friend who is having her first child this summer. And on Wednesday, I'll be seeing a work friend in the evening. What better way to catch up on what I've missed the last four weeks in the realm of office gossip. (Seriously, our department expanded and we moved into a different area of the company while I've been out. Two people have left and based on a tiny glimpse from a comment from one of my friends on Saturday, it sounds like things aren't going the way I'd want them to in other areas. And it's only been four weeks!!)

So, I have eight weeks left. I am looking forward to them. I know they'll go by terribly fast, and I'll be returning to work before I know it. Here's to enjoying every minute of the future.

No comments: