Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Germs, Germs, Germs

Based on doctor's recommendations, we have postponed visitors for the first month of O's arrival and have basically agreed to keep him away from crowded places like the grocery store for at least three months. (Okay, I'm banking on getting our groceries delivered saving us money, so it may be a forever lifestyle change ... if I'm lucky.)

I was perusing the Web tonight looking up information on premature babies and other precautions and I found it interesting that some people were shocked that parents want others to wash their hands before holding their baby. When K was two months old and I brought him to work, I absolutely demanded that anyone who wanted to touch him go and wash their hands. I didn't even think about it being a freaky demand or out of the ordinary. And with O, I want to be even more cautious. ... I'm being tugged away from the computer by my three-year-old, more later!

1 comment:

becky nance said...

not only do we make people wash their hands, we keep purell all over the house to "re-do" the clean throughout the visit!!!!!