Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Another Book Review

One of the pleasantries of vacation days is all the reading time. And so, I must give out another shout to an amazing book I just read and I want to share with you. It's Allison Winn Scotch's The Time of My Life. The book is all about the "what if's" you ask yourself when you're non-plussed with your current situation. It's all about wondering what would have happened if you'd stayed with the other guy. It's a fast read (I read it in two days) and if you have kids, it's even more relate-able because of her feelings toward her daughter.

In a lot of ways, it's parallel to my favorite movie Sliding Doors, in that in the end, what's supposed to happen, happens. And that tends to be my theory for life. What's supposed to happen will. The promo will come at the right time, new opportunities will magically appear, when I need that extra inspiration it arrives. So, maybe that's why I really liked this book. I found it very introspective. At times, I had to put it down just so I could do some self-reflection if I were in the same situation.

And it made me what to find a kick-arse masseuse.

No comments: