Friday, April 06, 2012

Personal New Year

Thirty-four years ago, the world changed forever ... well, at least my world changed forever, because I entered it. Yes, today is my birthday. This week always brings forth a lot of self-reflection, I always question my personal and professional milestones and decisions and try to determine next steps and what I want to do with the next year.

The day itself I try to always get a massage and maybe treat myself to something special. That was very much on the agenda for the day ... I started out by getting a massage a Hush Therapeutic Massage on Grand Ave. Laura, my masseuse, was great, she listened to wear I needed attention (tight hamstrings, sore back) and took care of me. The 90 minutes went too fast! It was the first time I had a massage therapist actually acknowledge the millions of knots in my back (and I have always had the issue.)

After the great massage, I went over to Allure for a bra fitting ... okay, I hate to admit it, but it's the first time in my whole life I got a proper fitting. I walked out with some very pretty new garments, and I have to say, a well-made bra really makes the difference, I think I look like I lost ten pounds with the new support wear! I have to give kudos to Eva who helped me out.

After a quick stop at a few other shops with out much luck, the last place I stopped was Lululemon. I was in the need of some new running gear, and left with a couple of items. All in all, a good day. Upon returning home, it was time to prepare for tomorrow's big festivities for K's birthday. Handcrafting and theme all ready to go. Cake baked, decorating tomorrow :) Here's to another great year ahead. If the year reflects my day, it's going to be a good one.

No comments: