Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Dinner by Candle Light

Somewhere I read that if you eat dinner by candle light, well, it just automatically increases the "specialness" of the event. This was particularly targeted to parents to help make family meal time that much more important. I wish I could recall the source, because I like to credit any idea I tout here.

So, in an effort to make our family dinners even more spectacular, last night we started our "dining by candle light" adventure. The boys were extremely delighted by the increased atmosphere provided at the dinner table. K's eyes lit up, and O declared "hot, hot!" I asked K if having candles lit at the table made dinner feel more fancy and important. He looked at me, beamed brightly and stated, "yes, I love it."

My point, dine by candle light. It really does make dinner feel a little more extraordinary. A simple, sophisticated edge to the mundane of the daily routine. Can't complain about that. (P.S., I think the boys' favorite part is blowing the candles out after dinner.)

No comments: