Saturday, October 12, 2013

Living It Up October Style

I love Halloween. I love cheesy, family-friendly Halloween movies (Disney channel or ABC Family, please.)

Now I have the perfect beverage to accompany one of my favorite months:
Now, this is not my typical type of wine. It's super fruity ... practically juice, really. The base wine is a Syrah, but then there is fruity plum and strawberry. It's the kind of thing that you could serve in a punch bowl and people would keep going back and refilling their cups ... and end up way more drunk than they had intended. I only purchased one bottle when I was in Door County, so I decided to open it up mid-month for Halloween. I'll have to see if it's available for purchase anywhere in Minnesota, as I think it may  have to become an annual treat.

Tonight D and I are watching World War Z. Since it's classified as a horror in the description, we can chalk it up as a good Halloween movie. I also have This is the End from Netflix, so we are getting the whole apocalyptic world thing going on.

And I just happen to be reading Help for the Haunted by John Searles. There couldn't be a better book to be reading right now during the month of October. And that was unplanned. So, while the house is only moderately decorated (can't get D aligned with a full out and out approach quite yet ...) at least I am infusing the appropriate Halloween-ness as much as I can.

No comments: