Friday, October 11, 2013

The Tube


I am an apple. Yes, the blessed apple who carries all her weight around her middle. I have grown to calling this extra padding my "tube" as it sort of looks like an inner tube wrapped around my body. Granted, the tube has decreased in size in the past three years ... but it's still there.

It's funny, because while the tube resembles a life preserver if it's not a part of your body ... when it is underneath your skin, it's the exact opposite. Apples are significantly higher at risk for most things because carrying your extra fat around your waist is the worst place to carry it.

For my kids and my husband's sake, it will be important to whittle the tube down completely. This year I have taken a much more concerted effort toward my health, and the evidence is not necessarily on the scale, but it is on the fact that my body has changed a bit. So, I will carry on this path and look for even more challenges to push me to the next level. Who else is game?


No comments: