Friday, February 07, 2014

Hiatus

I took a short hiatus from the whole blogging thing ... for a couple of reasons. But I'm back now (hold back your excitement.)

Since I didn't do the obligatory New Year's post, I'll just sum up how I started the year with this:
Yes, that's me at the end of our first race of 2014. It was -10, my feet didn't thaw out until probably the 2-mile mark. After the race, when we got coffee, my gloves stuck to the door. Running in the winter is hard, because the only time I can run is on the weekends, because I don't run in the dark and I don't belong to a gym. (Let's be honest, this girl couldn't run on a treadmill anyway.)

Tomorrow, D and I will tackle our second race of the year.
The shirts are super cute (much better than last year's.) I've been focused on doing some cross-training this month, so curious to see how it affects my running. I am hoping it changes it for the positive ... but tomorrow will be the test.

We're tackling some new distances this year and adding a trail run in June. It should be a good year of racing ahead!


No comments: