Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day and Fair Fun

This past weekend was obnoxiously busy. There's no other way to explain how crazy busy it was. We went to the fair on Friday and I had a little bit of this and a little bit of that. My favorite was the chocolate, banana, marshmallow sandwich. If there was such a thing as true food of the gods -- this frankly would be it. It melted in your mouth and sung like pure perfection. We all got a lot of sun, a decent amount of grease and my favorite honey candy! I wished we could have walked around and looked at some of the buildings, but when you have ten people together, it's a lot of waiting and more waiting (especially when four of the ten are children!)

We also stopped and saw a new building this year that showcased a friend from high school and an acting gig he has. It's for children, and is called Choo Choo Bob. I hadn't seen him in probably ten years, and we didn't really have time to catch up. (Clearly, actors on children's shows are very popular and he had quite the fan base waiting for him.) So, I briefly got to introduce him to my own group and that was about it. I think he shook hands with D. It would have been nice to have actually had a conversation, but when you're dealing with celebrity, I guess you take what you can.

Of course, our festivities didn't end at the fair, we had to scrunch in as much family time as we could with our PA crew since they were in town only for the weekend. K loves hanging out with his cousins so much. Seriously, I've looked for career opportunities in Harrisburg now just to see if there would be any potential of moving out there so the kids could be close. (Alas, not much in the way of needing Communications experts in Harrisburg for the time being.)

It is officially fall, and I'm so excited. The air is crisp and soon the leaves will turn! I could not be more excited to pull out the sweaters, drink hot cocoa and stuff my face with pumpkin everything!!!

No comments: